UoN VC Prof Kiama announced that the University will hold its 63rd graduation ceremony virtually on the 25th September 2020 amidst the Covid-19 pandemic that has crippled social gatherings. All students qualified for PhDs, Masters, Bachelors, Diplomas and fellowships will graduate. The UoN Chief Medical Officer has issued an Infection, Prevention and Control Measures in readiness for the 63rd graduation ceremony. These measures are guidelines to be followed to keep everyone safe. This among many others include:
- The venue will be an open area for ventilation and flow of air.
- Mandatory use of masks worn correctly, not lowering them on the chins.
- Automated hand sanitizers at various entry and designated points.
- Temperature checks using infrared gun thermometers.
- Physical distance must be 1.5 meters clearly marked and no social gatherings before, during or after the graduation.
- Disinfection of the graduation square before the function, all surfaces, chairs, light switches. The mics and podium disinfected after every speaker.
- Provision of pedal waste collection at designated areas.
- Ensure necessary support for PWDs.
- The population should not exceed 100 people as others can stream live especially persons above 58 years and those with pre-existing conditions.
- The function duration should not exceed 2 hours.