As a leading institution of learning and research, the university, through C4DLab (the Innovation and Incubation Hub) and a strategic industry partner, is running a 6 month-long prestigious Research & Innovation Fellowship.
The competitive fellowship will give 20 select fellows an opportunity to solve real-life local problems while applying the 21st century 4Cs skills and explore human-centered design / Design thinking methodologies. The fellows - together with other curious change makers and a community of research and innovation experts - will engage in rewarding research, problem solving and innovation projects in financial services.
To be admitted, the fellow will be required to have satisfied the following requirements:
· Final level undergraduate and Masters-level students (interested PhD students will also be considered)
· Students from the following Schools/faculties/departments: Computer Science, Business, Development Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Law, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, and Agriculture
· Curious about research and innovation and particularly application of Design Thinking to solving real-life local problems.
· Submit evidence of challenges that one has attempted to solve, CV, practical work portfolio and a motivation why your application should be considered.
· Available to commit close to a 6 month-long program allocating an average of 15 hours per week to the fellowship program.
· Demonstrated passion and interest in problem-solving and innovation challenges.
The select fellows will undertake a deep immersion into four pillars that shall prepare them as researchers and innovators. The four pillars are:
· 21st century 4 C’s skills of Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Creativity.
· Principles and practices of Design Thinking, Innovation, and Problem Based Learning (fundamentals)
· Multi-disciplinary practical problem-solving.
· Practical research techniques – data collection, surveys, Focus Group Discussions, observation, and contextual interviews.
Application Deadline: 22nd January, 2021
Got any questions? View our FAQ page