The Office of the Dean of Students and Career Services in line with its Mission to foster a conducive environment and development of support systems for the holistic development of students through the provision of services that can enhance spiritual, psychological and social growth including development of students’ skills and competencies has recently made remarkable achievements and milestones .The remarkable accomplishments were based on our eight services that we offer.
1. Career and Placement Services - The Dean of Students Office linked 113 students to job and internship opportunities and held over 15 career webinars during the Covid-19 Pandemic period.
2. Chaplaincy Services - The Dean of Students Office held 2 Inter-denominational prayer days for the financial year 2020 /2021 and held various student spiritual sessions online hosted by the three University Chaplains
3. Students Mentorship and Counseling - The Assistant Deans of Students and Students Counselors offered tele-counseling services to over 5000 students during the Covid-19 Pandemic period
4. Disability liaison services - The Disability Liaison Office developed a database of all students with special needs to effectively cater for their needs. Partnerships have been forged with different Disability Organizations that have been productive. Students with disabilities have received assistive devices which includes a visually impaired first year student who received a gadget to assist him in his academic work.
5. Financial aid services- over 1000 students receive financial aid support from the Dean of Students Office .Under the needy students bursaries fund 2020/2021 close to 600 students have benefitted while there are over 30 full scholarships from different partners. The revamped Work Study programme tailored for students has over 40 students participating currently.
6. Entertainment Services - The University of Nairobi World Class Choir has consistently offered entertainment services during various university activities and events such as the Annual Prayer Days, UoN@50 celebrations, Graduation Ceremonies, Orientation Days and all other University events.
7. Students Liaison Services - the Dean of Students Office held an induction event for the new UNSA Leaders at the KCB Leadership Centre on Friday, February 26, 2021 and has been at the forefront supporting all UNSA activities. UoN Talent Show was an auspicious event that brought together the University of Nairobi Community
8. Students Communications Services -The Dean of Students Office prepared a Newsletter outlining activities for the FY2020/2021 and has constantly been updating both the Office of Careers and Student life websites.