Digitalent is a strategic intervention by the ICT Authority on behalf of the Ministry of Information Communication Technology Innovation and Youth affairs to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry requirements and the capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the need to develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the industry. The programme has benefited over 2100 ICT graduates.
The objective of the programme is to develop and prepare young ICT graduates to take up employment opportunities that come up in the ICT as well as other sectors. The program provides participants an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, mentorship, refine career goals and build professional networks in the areas of: Network & Infrastructure, Application Development, Graphic & Design, Information Security, and Project Management .
- Applicants MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a recognized institution in the last two years (within the last 24 months) from 2020 to the date of this advertisement.
- If waiting graduation, MUST provide a recommendation/reference letter from the University stamped & signed by the dean of students indicating First or Upper Second-Class Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electrical & Electronics, Telecommunication, Systems/Software, Computer) – The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas of specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Application Development, Graphic & Design, Information Security, and Project Management. The Applicant may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on their core of specialization prior to the interview.
- Should NOT have undertaken any other Internship program in the government and is Unemployed
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on a full time basis from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Females, persons with disability and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
- Interested applicants MUST complete the online application form via https://digitalent.go.ke/ and attach relevant documents as indicated in the form by September. 19, 2022
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
For further enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org