The conference welcomes papers in the field of Open,Distance and e-Learning and all other related fields.We will accept abstracts that are between 250-400 words. Full paper submissions under 12,000 words and original will be submitted as per the guidelines which will be provided after acceptance of abstract. The theme is "Optimizing, Open, Distance and e-Learning Approaches for Effective Teaching and Learning." Note that this will be a virtual meeting to be held on the 11th and 12th October 2020 at the 3rd annual University of Nairobi Research Week.
The main objective of the conference will be to provide researchers,postgraduate students and practitioners from the universities, organizations. individuals and other experts an opportunity to showcase their research output. Specifically the conference will provide:
- An opportunity through which new research findings and products will be released in the global market.
- An opportunity through which participants will learn from world renown experts and researchers on issues related to Distance Education and e-learning.
- A forum for stakeholders both international and local to deliberate and share information and ideas on Distance Education.
- A platform through which Universities.organizations and individual participants will increase their visibility.
- An Opportunity for Networking and Collaboration.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
We welcome research based or desk-top academic papers. Collaboration among multiple authors, colleagues and other scholars is highly encouraged. Co-authored papers will be accepted with consent from all authors, it is the responsibility of the Lead Presenter to obtain the consent of fellow authors.
All presentations must adhere to intellectual property rights legislation. University of Nairobi will not be responsible for infringements of intellectual property or plagiarism in any of the conference presentations.
Abstracts for conference presentation must include a description of each of the following:
The research focus or problem.
The theoretical framework informing tile research Research methodology including ethics.
Key insights or findings and implications.
- Impact of COVID - 19 pandemic on Open, Distance and e-leaming mode of delivery
- Digital readiness and urgency
- ICT in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Subjects
- Transforming Education through technology
- mLeaming and other emerging technologies in Distance Education
- Enhancing content delivery through cloud computing
- Cost effectiveness of ODeL mode of Delivery
- Enhancing quality in online assessment
- Leamer access and retention strategies in ODeL Programs
- Collaborations, partnerships and linkages in Open, Distance and e-Leammg
- Cross-cutting issues in Open Distance and e-Leaming
Conference papers will be presented on power-point virtually.
Conference email :All papers should be submitted to:email@example.com
Conference Link: will be provided after registration.
Deadline for submission of Abstracts - 30th July, 2020
Acceptance notification - Two days after receipt of abstract
Deadline for submission of papers - 30th July, 2020
Deadline for registration - 14th Sept. 2020
Students - Kshs 2.000
University of Nairobi Staff - Kshs 2,000
Other participants - Kshs. 3.000